River Cruise Agent
Why a Choose a River Cruise?
Here are a few good reasons.
Call 877 836-1949 to talk to one of our River Cruise Concierges
River cruising is increasing dramatically in popularity. Here are some reasons why:
1. River cruise itineraries are offered on waterways throughout Europe, Russia, Egypt and China. Most take place during the warm-weather months, but you can also sample Central European holiday festivities on special Christmas Market river cruises.
2. Sitting on the outdoor deck of your “floating hotel” is a wonderfully relaxing way to get to each port of call. You have many opportunities to take photos of ancient castles, pretty countryside, charming villages or awe-inspiring monuments.
3. Modern ships are full of amenities: fitness centers, libraries, spas, Internet centers, coffee bars, complimentary bicycle use, even on-board pools.
4. Staterooms typically have hotel-style beds, sliding-glass doors, televisions and entertainment centers, and other plush amenities.
5. Gourmet meals are usually served at just one seating, and casual dress is accepted everywhere. Sit where and with whom you like! All your meals are included on a river cruise. Oftentimes, complimentary wine is served at every dinner.
6. Enjoy frequent on-board entertainment. Listen to local music, watch folkloric dancers, taste wine or hear informative talks by local experts.
7. Local guides lead you on sightseeing excursions at all of your ports of call – with plenty of time for shopping to pick up souvenirs for friends and family back home.
8. River-cruising ships are not nearly as big as some of the mass-market ocean cruise ships, so you'll get to know your fellow passengers intimately. Fast friendships are formed on board river cruise ships.
9. Because of the limited number of passengers on board, you'll also become quickly acquainted with the friendly, helpful, knowledgeable crew. Don't be surprised if your waiter knows exactly how you like your coffee the second time you sit down for dinner!
10. On a river cruise, you'll explore a number of different ports of call on your trip, but you'll only have to unpack once!
11. Given the weakness of the US dollar against European currencies, river cruises are one of the most cost effective ways to see Europe. You pay for all your lodging and food in US dollars before you go which is significantly less expensive than paying as you go if you travel independently. Additionally, since city tours in each port are usually included, you can save a lot of money while getting the best value for your vacation dollars.